In #77, I mentioned RubyMotion as an alternative for building iOS (and now OS X and Android) apps. Since it generates native code and uses a dialect of Ruby, it's especially attractive to developers who are already familiar with Ruby.
- Install React Native (it's just a shell command away)
- Create a React Native project (another command)
- Run the empty app in the simulator
Cmd+Dto bring up the menu, enable
- Make a few simple changes in
- Examine how a "screen"/component is defined/created in
- Continue with the tutorial to learn about stuff such as
This should give you a good introduction to what React Native offers.